|A Shackleton Mk. # 3 of the No. 35 Squadron flies an Air Search and Rescue mission off the South African West Coast. This "Shack," 1716, was one of the first two delivered to the SAAF in August 1957, and one of the last to fly operationally in 1984.
A development of the famous Avro Foundation, the Shackleton provided South Africa with an outstanding maritime patrol capability and an excellent search and rescue platform. Crews would often fly patrols in excess of 15 hours.
|Overall Size:||19 3/8" x 25 3/8"|
|Image Size:||16 1/2" x 22 3/4"|
|Type of Edition:||Limted Edition|
|Notes:||An excellent depiction of martime areial patrol in one of the bussiest sea lanes in the world, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa.|